There are many reputable roofing contractors in the Tampa Bay area who will provide you with honest work at affordable rates. It is hard to say who is the best roofer in Tampa since there really isn’t any way of measuring such a questions.
Just as there are many honest hard working roofing contractors in the Tampa area, there are also fly-by-night roofers that are simply concerned with completing the job as fast as possible and getting paid. These roofers will come in and bid a job at a much lower price than the more experience reputable roofing companies. You might get good work out of these guys or you might not. You are taking an unknown risk because these contractors don’t have many references to back their work and you don’t know if they will be around in the future in the event of a roofing system failure.
When hiring a Tampa roofing contractor you must take the necessary steps to ensure you are hiring the best roofing contractor for your needs.
- Contact several reputable contractors to schedule at least 3 estimates. (You should not always go with the cheapest estimate.)
- Ensure that the contractors you call are licensed, insured, and certified to install the type of roofing system you need.
- Check your potential contractors reviews online.
- Ask your potential roofing contractor to provide you with a list of at lease 5 referrals and the address of previous jobs they have completed.
- Once you have received your estimates, compare them to ensure they are apples to apples.
- Look for any dependencies or variations in the estimates and bring them up to your potential roofing contractors. Ask each contractor what the difference is and why.
- Take time to think over the information you have gathered from your contractors before making your decision.