So you are a homeowner in Florida and are considering replacing your roof. You have noticed the growing trend of metal roofs in Florida, especially the Tampa Bay area and you are considering having a metal roof installed on your roof. I’m sure your primary question you need answered before making this big decision is “What are the benefits of a metal roof?” Well, we are here to answer your question.
- Metal roofs have a life expectancy of 50+ years.
- Metal roofs look beautiful and have many different styles and colors to match a large array of house styles.
- Metal roofs are extremely wind resistant with interlocking metal roof panels.
- Metal roofs are resistant to fire, rot, insects, and mildew.
- Metal roofs reflect sunlight keeping the house cooler and are therefore energy efficient compared to other types of roofs.
- Metal roofs are light in weight from 50 – 150 pounds per square preserving the structural integrity of the home.
- Metal roofs can be installed on low sloped roofs without worry of leakage.
- Most metal roof material manufactures offer warranties ranging from 20 – 50 years.
- Metal roofs are easier and faster to install. This could be critical if your roof is being replace and a large storm is on the way.